|

A Little History Of Tranmere Rovers Fc (part one)

1 Leave a comment on verse 1 0 In 1884 two groups of cricket clubs joined
Belmont and Lyndhurst the blue and white born
The name Tranmere Rovers is blessed 1885
Borough Road from the rugby club Tranmere prize

2 Leave a comment on verse 2 0 The West Lancashire League is the first for the whites
Then Borough Road renamed Prenton Park 1895
The players jump ship to join Birkenhead Fc
So Rovers rent out to Warriors who bring 250 seats

3 Leave a comment on verse 3 0 In 1913 The Spion Kop born
The weekend stand brought in from the Oval sports
Tranmere Rovers join the league in 1921
Relegation looms 4 years down the road

4 Leave a comment on verse 4 0 Prenton Park Terrace is given a roof
“The Cowshed” it’s known as and always well loved
Joy in ’38 and the whites join the 2nd division
But it’s just for a year and its back down the snake again

5 Leave a comment on verse 5 0 Hitler bombs the arse of the Borough Road roof
’45 he’s kicked out not a moment too soon
’46 Ernie Blackburn the new gaffer in town
He lasts for 9 years then Noel Kelly wears the crown

6 Leave a comment on verse 6 0 Division 3 North Rovers finish 23rd
Peter Farrel takes over but things just get worse
1961 brings a bootroom of tears
As Rovers go down to 4th but its just for a year…

3

Notes

(to be continued)

Source: http://footballpoets.org/poems/a-little-history-of-tranmere-rovers-fc-part-one/